The Baywood Clinic offers Toronto PRP treatments for Skin rejuvenation and acne scarring.
Treat Fine lines, Acne scars, stretch marks and more.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment, also called “Vampire Facial” uses the body’s own natural regenerative properties to tighten, tone, and repair the skin’s appearance and elasticity.
- We take a sample of your own blood plasma rich in collagen-boosting platelets.
- The high-concentrated platelets are then infused via micro-needling all over the face and injected directly into areas of concern where they can stimulate collagen production and the natural repair process.
TEXT us at 647-955-0812 for more information or to book a free, no-pressure consultation. One of our doctors will get right back to you! Or you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will have a small amount of blood drawn from your arm by our experienced Registered Nurse.
- The test tube containing your blood is placed in a centrifuge, which separates the blood into layers, one of which contains a high concentration of platelets.
- Reinjecting the blood with very fine needles that contains a high concentration of platelets into your treatment areas.
The small skin injections or micro-needling create a small “wound” that triggers inflammation, leading to the healing of the site and surrounding tissues and resulting in new, healthier skin cells being generated.
What to expect during the treatment?
- Numbing cream is applied to the treatment area.
- You come in a little earlier so cream has time to take effect.
- Depending on the area to be treated, we will take a volume of blood just as you would if you were going for a blood test.
- This sample is then placed in a centrifuge to separate the components of your blood apart so that we can use the plasma and platelets.
What are the benefits of PRP treatment?
- Lightens dark circles around the eyes
- Boosts collagen levels in the dermis to give a fuller look
- Combats visible signs of aging
- Helps to reduce scarring, and can be used with micro-needling, subcision and Juvederm filler.
Is PRP Treatment Safe?
While PRP treatment is safe for most people, there are medical conditions that may affect the platelets, making them fail to deliver the expected results. PRP is not recommended for anyone who has any of these medical conditions:
- Hepatitis C
- HIV or AIDS
- Any type of blood cancer
- Cardiovascular disease that requires taking a blood thinner
- Skin cancer
- Typically, it takes 24 to 48 hours to allow for any redness, swelling, and tenderness to subside. They are normal and can be resolved quickly and spontaneously.
- Likewise, mild bruising in the treated area can sometimes occur, though our nurse is extremely experienced and minimizes this effect, which will eventually clear completely in 1 to 10 days.
- Any visible bruises can be concealed with natural mineral makeup. After the initial 24 to 48 hours post-treatment, it is then tolerable to resume all normal activities.
Visit us at Baylaser.ca