- EVLT is the gold standard for Varicose Vein treatment
- Our Surgeons are pioneers in EVLT procedures
- For smaller spider veins, click here.
- Over 3500 successful cases since 2001
- No scarring. No downtime. Get back to your life!
- Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or click to Call 416-515-0007 today!
EVLT is a new procedure that takes about 45 minutes. EVLT uses laser energy delivered in a thin, unobtrusive fiber-optic probe to treat the underlying cause of the varicose veins. Performed under ultrasound guidance, the procedure uses strictly local anaesthetic. Before the laser procedure takes place, you will have a consultation with one of our board certified doctors.This consultation will include a physical examination of the leg and a Doppler ultrasound examination to map the exact location of the vein you wish to be treated. Once you have determined that you’d like to move forward with the procedure, the doctor will make an appointment for the procedure itself. During the procedure a thin laser fiber is inserted into the abnormal varicose vein, delivering the painless laser energy in short pulses through the problem vein. This laser energy is closing off the vein to any future blood flow, effectively preventing the reemergence of the same varicose veins. Your body will naturally use other healthy veins to return blood to the heart. The fiber-optic probe is then withdrawn from the body. You may experience some minimal discomfort during the procedure.